A privileged spot on the coast of Calviá, Mallorca, shaped like a peninsula and with a slight slope towards the water. The project includes a mix of building types: single-family homes and flats in a unique residential complex. The building of the 10 flats is situated on the second beach line, on the upper part of the plot. However, it is high enough to look over the nine single-family homes, which are located along the coast, on the beachfront and have private access to the beach.
- LOCATION: Cala de Ses Penyes Rotges
- RESIDENTIAL SECTOR
- DATE: Noviembre 2019
- ARCHITECTURE: Gras Arquitectos
- CONSTRUCTION FIRM: UTE Ferratur – Llull Sastre
The flat on the first floor has magnificent views of the sea, but it was exposed to a lot of sunlight in the afternoons, which was even worse due to the mirror effect of the water. To solve this, we installed a Markilux 6000 cassette awning, the top-of-the-range model in the Markilux awning collection. We designed special reinforcements that are completely hidden above the wooden false ceiling, where the awning’s wiring is also hidden, guaranteeing a clean finish.
The Markilux 6000 is a cassette awning with a unique connection technology at the joints of the awning’s arms: the so-called “bionic cord”, which allows the arms to be folded up without any friction and with practically no noise. This makes the awning even more resistant and durable, achieving at least 50,000 opening and closing cycles during the testing (certified by the Fraunhofer Institute). The sleek lines and the possibilities for customising the side finishes and covers have received the Red Dot Design Award for their outstanding designs.
Features of the Markilux 6000
- Havana Brown textured finish.
- Awning covers design: Sunsilk 32434 with high UV protection (UPF 50+) and with a treatment that makes it resistant to dirt and water.
- Silent motor Silentec.
- Super-shade: vertical protection with perforated Vu-Screen fabric that is rolled up in the front of the awning to protect from the sun at sunset. This fabric has aluminium particles embedded in it that help reflect the sun’s rays and its micro-perforation maximises the views.
- Motorised operation.
- Wind sensor for the automatic closing of the awning in case of strong wind or storm.